There are various ways by which one can make a Vegetable Fried Rice. Here we are explaining a simple but good way of making a vegetable fried rice. It is a very tasty recipe to make at home. Your children will like this.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Rice
Cuisine: Chinese-Indo Fusion
Course / Category: Vegetarian, Rice Dish
Basmati rice: 1 cup
Oil: 1 tsp for cooking rice
Beans: 1/4 cup finely chopped
Carrot: 1/4 cup finely chopped
Cabbage: 1 cup shredded
Capsicum: 1/4 cup finely chopped
Raisins: 3 tbsp
Cashew: 3 tbsp
Refined oil: 2 1/2 tbsp
Garlic: 1 1/2 tbsp
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Vinegar: 1 tsp
Soya sauce: 2 – 3 tsp
Salt and Pepper powder to taste
Method to Prepare Vegetable Fried Rice
1. Soak Basmati rice for 30 minutes and cook adding 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and a tsp of oil. Once cooked, fluff it with a fork and spread it on a plate to cool.
2. Finely chop beans, carrot & capsicum. (beans & carrot cook for 1 min in boiling water)
3. Mince garlic and ginger.
4. Shred cabbage into thin fine strips.
5. Heat oil in a pan, when the oil is very hot, add garlic and ginger, saute for a few seconds.
6. Then add beans and fry for a few seconds, followed by carrot, cabbage, capsicum.
7. All the vegetables should be sauted on high flame and continuous stirring is necessary.
8. Add cooked rice, soya sauce, vinegar, needed salt and pepper powder.
9. Then add fried raisins & cashew.
10. Mix well and serve hot.
The whole procedure should be done on high flames.
Chop the vegetables finely