Moru Curry is an easy curry recipe to use with steamed rice. It is a common Kerala home recipe. Moru curry is also one important curry recipe for sadhya. It is also called as Moru Kachiyathu.
Preparation Time: 5 – 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Servings: 2 persons
Main Ingredients: Curd
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Vegetarian, Curry
Curd: 2 glasses
Shallots: 2 numbers
Red chilly (vattal mulaku): 1 number
Garlic: 1 teaspoon (chopped)
Ginger: 1 teaspoon (chopped)
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Red chilly powder: ½ teaspoon
Fenugreek/ Methi powder: ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves: 5 – 6 numbers
Oil: for seasoning
Salt: as required
Method to Prepare Moru Curry
1. Beat curd so that no lumps form. Add 1 glass of water & mix well.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard when it splutters add chopped shallots, garlic, ginger and sauté well till shallots are golden brown in colour. Add curry leaves to it & sauté.
3. Keep gas on low flame. Add chili powder sauté well & add 2 tablespoon of water to it, add turmeric powder & mix well.
4. Add curd mix to it & sauté well. Add methi powder & stir continuously for 5 minutes.
5. Don’t allow this to boil. Then switch off flame.