Ladies Finger Mappas is a tasty vegetarian mappas to try at home. It called as Vendakka Mappas in malayalam. It is a Kerala style mappas recipe using vendakka as the ingredient.
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Ladies finger (Vendakka)
Cuisine: South Indian, Kerala
Tag: Curry Recipe
Ladies finger/ Okra: 10 numbers
Onion: 1 number (big)
Shallots/ Kochulli: 3 numbers
Green chili: 2 numbers
Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
Garlic: 1 teaspoon (chopped)
Coconut: 1 teaspoon (chopped)
Curry leaves: 4 – 5 leaves
Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon
Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
Coriander Powder: 2 tablespoon
Turmeric: ½ tsp
Milk / Coconut Milk: ½ cup
Oil: 2 teaspoon
Salt: as required
Method to Prepare Ladies Finger Mappas / Vendakka Mappas
1. Slit lady’s finger & cut into medium pieces.
2. Chop onion, slit green chili.
3. Heat oil in pan add chopped onion, lady’s finger, green chili & sauté well.
4. Add chopped ginger & garlic, sauté well.
5. Then add coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala & salt to it. Sauté well till raw smell goes.
6. Add 3 – 4 cups of water & curry leaves & cook well to get semi thick gravy.
7. Add milk to it & after one boil switch off flame.
8. Heat another pan add oil to it then splutter mustard, add chopped shallots, coconut pieces & sauté well till golden brown.
9. Add this mix above curry. Keep it for 2 – 3 minutes.
Your Vendakka Mappas is ready to serve.