Gobi Manchurian with gravy is a combination of deep-fried cauliflower florets with a thick, spicy cornflour gravy. It is a very tasty recipe to try with chappathi, naan, roti, etc. One recipe you can try at home for special occasions or for daily meal.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
Main Ingredients: Gobi / Cauliflower
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Gobi / cauliflower, florets – boiled 1 minute: 2 cups
Maida / plain flour / refined flour: ½ cup
Corn flour: 2 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste / adrak-lasun ki paste: 1 tbsp
Kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder: 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Soy sauce: 1 tsp
Water as required, to prepare batter
Oil for deep-frying
Oil: 2 tsp
Garlic / lasun, finely chopped: 2 cloves
Spring onions, finely chopped: ½ cup
Chili sauce: 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
Pepper, crushed: ½ tsp
Soy sauce: 1 tbsp
Vinegar: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
For corn flour water:
Corn flour: 2 tsp
Water: 1 cup
Method to Prepare Gobi Manchurian with Gravy
1. In a large mixing bowl take maida and corn flour.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, chili powder, salt and soy sauce.
3. Add water as required and make a smooth batter. Add in boiled gobi florets and deep fry in hot oil till they turn golden brown. Drain off the gobi over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil, keep aside.
4. In a large kadai heat oil and sauté garlic on high flame.
5. Add spring onion and capsicum & saute.
6. Add chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, crushed pepper and salt. Mix well and saute for a minute.
7. Add corn flour water and stir well till they turn translucent. Add fried gobi.
8. Mix gently so the sauce has coated well uniformly. Switch off flame & garnish with chopped spring onions.