Dum Aloo is a very popular and mouthwatering north Indian dish. It’s a blending of potato with spices and can be served with any rice dishes or roti’s.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 Persons
Main Ingredients: Potato
Baby Potatoes: 250 g
Onion (boiled): 1 cup
Fresh Tomato (ripe): 1 number
Yogurt: 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Oil: 1/4 cup (for frying)
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi: a pinch
Bay leaf: 1 number
Green chili: 1 number
Green cardomom: 1 number
Cashew nut: 10 numbers
Salt: as per taste
Method to Prepare Dum Aloo
1. Scrub and rinse the baby potatoes well. Prick them with fork.
2. Cook these potatoes in hot water for 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Remove & wipe them & keep aside
4. Boil onions in 1 cup water drain water & blanch them.
5. Heat oil & fry potatoes until light brown & keep aside
6. Make paste from cashew, onion & tomatoes
7. Heat pan add bay leaf & cardamom saute well. Add ginger garlic paste & saute till raw smell goes.
8. Add tomato onion paste saute till raw smell goes oil appears & it becomes slightly thick.
9. Add chilly powder, salt, turmeric & garam masala.
10. Saute well till it leaves sides of pan. Add curd mix well until thick.
11. Add potatoes & ¾ cup water, bring to boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes till potatoes are cooked & gravy thickens.
12. Add kasuri methi cook for a minute & keep aside.
13. Garnish with fresh coriander & serve.
Your Dum Aloo is ready to serve.