Chembu Kuzhambu is a recipe from Kerala.
Preparation Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 – 25 Minutes
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Colocasia / Arbi /Chembu
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Vegetarian
Colocasia / Arbi (Hindi)/Chembu (Malayalam): 250 gm
Coconut: ½ cup (grated)
Cumin Seeds: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Fish Tamarind/Kudampuli: 2 numbers
Salt: as required
Shallots: 6 – 8 Numbers
Mustard: 1 teaspoon
Coconut Oil: 2 tablespoon
Curry Leaves: 5 – 6 leaves
1. Cook chembu (arbi) with adequate amount of water and fish tamarind.
2. Grind coconut, turmeric, shallots, cumin seeds in mixer.
3. Add this mix to cooked chembu (arbi).
4. Cook well to get thick gravy. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil & keep it closed for 5-10 minutes
5. Heat oil in pan add mustard, when it splutters add chopped shallots & curry leaves & season above curry.