Cheema chakka thoran is a tasty side dish for rice. Bread fruit is a seasonal and tropical fruit which is used before ripening. This is known by different names like sheema chakka, kadachakka, cheema chakka, etc.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Cheema chakka (Bread fruit)
Cuisine: South Indian
Tags: Thoran Recipes
Cheema chakka (Bread fruit) – 1 (medium)
Coconut – 1 cup (grated)
Green Chilly – 1 no
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Garlic – 3 clove (chopped)
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt: as per taste
Onion – 1 (small, chopped finely)
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – ½ tsp
Method to Prepare Cheema Chakka Thoran
1. Chop Cheema chakka finely in small pieces. Put in water to avoid colour change.
2. Mix grated coconut with cumin seeds, chopped onion, green chilly, turmeric, curry leaves and salt.
3. Heat a pan add oil when oil is hot splutter mustard.
4. Add Cheema chakka and coconut mix to it and mix well.
5. Add little water as to cover thoran.
6. Cook on low flame till water dries completely.
Serve hot with rice.