Butter Paneer is a North Indian vegetarian dish made of Paneer (Cottage Cheese).It is made with cooking soft paneer in creamy gravy made with butter, onion, tomato etc. Butter Paneer is a very delicious recipe to use with chappathi or fried rice or rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
Main Ingredients: Paneer (Cottage Cheese), Butter
Cuisine: North India
Course / Category: Curry
200 – 250 gms Paneer (cottage cheese)
½ cup butter
1 cups chopped onion
3 – 4 garlic crushed
1 inch ginger crushed, 1 inch grated
1 tsp garam masala
1 bay leaf
1 tsp fenugreek leaves
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 – 5 tomatoes (pureed)
1 – 2 green chilly (slit)
½ tsp red chilly powder
¼ cup almonds, plus more for topping
2 tbsp cream
1 tblsp oil
2 tbsp cashew (soaked & paste)
200 grams paneer, cut in cubes
1.5 cups water
½ tsp sugar
Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil & butter.
2. Add bay leaf & sauté for 10 sec.
3. Add ginger garlic & sauté till raw smell goes.
4. Add pureed tomato & mix well.
5. Add red chilly powder & stir well until oil starts leaving the side.
6. Add cashew paste & stir till oil starts leaving the masala.
7. Add water & stir. Sim on low flame
8. Add grated ginger, green chilly , salt & sugar & sim till curry becomes thicken.
9. Add paneer & cook for 2 – 3 minutes until they become soft.
10. Put into it fenugreek leaves & garam masala.
11. Garnish with coriander & fresh cream. You can use butter also for garnishing.
Serve with roti, rice etc.