Aloo Parantha / Paratha is a recipe from Punjab. Aloo paratha is a paratha recipe with aloo (potato) mixture. It is a very tasty recipe to try at home.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Potato, Wheat Flour
Cuisine: North Indian, Punjabi
Course / Category: Vegetarian
Wheat Flour: 6 cups
Potato: 3 numbers (medium)
Onion: 1 number (medium)
Green chilly: 2 number (small)
Garlic: 3 flakes (crushed)
Kashmiri chilly powder: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
Amchur: ½ teaspoon
Butter / Ghee: As required
Salt: as required
Oil: 2 tablespoon
Method to Prepare Aloo Parantha / Paratha
1. Knead wheat flour as for chapatti.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion & green chilly & sauté well.
3. Add crushed garlic & sauté till raw smell goes.
4. Add kasmiri chilly powder, turmeric, salt & sauté for few minutes.
5. Add mashed potato to it & mix well on low flame for 5 minutes.
6. Make balls from wheat flour dough, bigger than for chapatti.
7. Flatten the balls then fill with potato mix & seal it & make ball like for chapatti
8. Roll the ball from between, it should not be very thin.
9. Heat tawa & make chapatti’s out of it adding ghee/butter.
10. Cook till brown spots appear on it.
Serve hot with pickle