Mawa also known as Khoya or Khoa is widely used in different cuisines of the Indian subcontinent. Mawa recipe or Khoya recipe is dried evaporated milk solid which is mainly used to make different varieties of sweets and dishes. Many other recipes can also be made by adding it. It tastes really yummy.
This recipe uses only milk to make mawa. Mawa or Khoya can be made with milk and milk solids. This recipe is widely available at market. This recipe is a home made version to prepare mawa or khoa.
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Servings: 1 cup
Main Ingredients: Milk
Cuisine: North Indian
Course / Category: Sweets
Milk – 1 Litre
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Method to Prepare Mawa Recipe or Khoya Recipe
1. Boil milk in a non- stick pan and keep it mixing and remove milk which sticks in sides of pan.
2. Cook until its thick in the form of dough.
3. Add ghee and mix well with spatula.
4. Keep it aside for cooling, and can be used in recipes.
5. It can be refrigerated for a week.