Gulab Jamun is very delicious North Indian sweet. It goes well in all occasion, very simple to make. It can be made with readily available ingredients at home. This recipe makes gulab jamun with milk powder.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 13 pieces
Main Ingredients: Milk powder
Cuisine: North Indian
For Sugar syrup
2 cup sugar
2½ cup water
6 cardamom (powdered)
For Gulab Jamun
1 cup milk powder
1½ tbsp All-purpose-flour/Maida
2 pinch of baking soda
2 tbsp ghee/ clarified butter
4 tbsp milk (warm)
Method to Prepare Gulab Jamun with Milk Powder
Sugar syrup preparation:
1. In a wide pan take 2 cup of sugar.
2. Add 2 ½ cup of water & cardamom and get to a boil.
3. Then simmer for 5 – 10 minutes till the sugar syrup turns slightly sticky.
4. Cover and keep aside.
Gulab jamun preparation:
1. In a large mixing bowl take milk powder. Further, to that add maida.
2. Then add 2 pinch of baking soda also add ghee and crumble well.
3. Slowly add milk little by little and knead well. Knead to a smooth and soft dough.
4. Make small balls greasing ghee to hands.
5. Make sure there are no cracks on balls. Else there are chances for gulab jamun to break while frying.
6. Heat the ghee on low flame and when the ghee is moderately hot, fry the jamuns.
7. Fry the balls on low flame stirring in between till the balls turns golden brown.
8. Cool for few minutes and drop the hot jamuns into hot sugar syrup.
9. Cover the lid and rest for 2 hours. Flame should be turned off.
10. Finally, the jamuns have doubled in size and ready to serve.