Soyabean biryani / soya chunks biryani / meal maker biryani is a delicious, healthy biryani recipe. This biryani recipe is full of nutrients as it has protein-rich soyabean. You can make this recipe in special occasions or for your kids who likes to eat biryani but not like soyabean. It is a main dish and can be eat without any side dish. It is also good when eat with simple onion raita.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
Main Ingredients: Basmati Rice, Soyabeans / Soya chunks
Tags: Biryani Recipes
Soyabeans (Soya chunks): ½ cup
Clove: 1 no.
Crushed black cardamom: 2 cup
Bay leaf: 1 leaf
Basmati rice: 1 cup
Tomato (medium Size): 1 no.
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tablespoon
Ginger paste: 1/4 tablespoon
Green chilli: 2 no.
Water: 5 cups
Cinnamon stick: 2 Nos.
Peppercorns: 3 Nos.
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Onion (large size): 2 Nos.
Biryani masala powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1/4 tablespoon
Garlic paste: 1/4 tablespoon
Ghee: 1 tablespoon
Method to Prepare Soyabean Biryani
1. Soak the soyabeans in water and then boil it till they become soft. Drain the water and keep them aside.
2. Fry onions.
3. Make a fine paste of fried onions, green chilis and garam masala, also add tomatoes to this paste.
4. Boil the rice with spices. Add salt and ghee while you boil the rice. Keep the rice aside after boiling.
5. Take a deep vessel, add ghee and put in all the second spices in list and wait till they start crackling. Finely chop onions and then fry it in the oil. Then add finely chopped tomatoes, sliced green chili and the paste.
6. Add chili, coriander and biryani masala powders and let it cook till the masala leaves oil on the sides of the vessel.
7. Now add the boiled soya bean chunks and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
8. Finally add the boiled rice and mix it properly. Allow it to cook for five minutes.
Your Soyabean Biryani / Soya chunks biryani / meal maker biryani is ready and serve hot.