Parippu Vada (Chana Dal Vada / Lentil Fritters) is a very tasty South Indian snacks. It is one of the common snacks available in thattukada or in bakery shops in Kerala.
Parippu vada is tasted best when eat with bananas. I love to eat this hot parippu vada in rainy season. This recipe is prepared commonly at Kerala homes for teatime snacks.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Soaking Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 15
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Servings: 20 – 22 pieces
Main Ingredients: Vada parippu or chana dal
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Snacks
Tags: Kerala Snacks
Vada parippu or Chana dal – 2 cup
Onion – 1 (medium)
Ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
Green Chilly – 3 – 4 (chopped)
Curry leaves – 2 stems (chopped)
Asafoetida / Kayam – a pinch
Salt – as per taste
Oil – for deep frying
Method to Prepare Parippu Vada (Chana Dal Vada / Lentil Fritters)
1. Soak Vada parippu for 2-3 hours. Drain water and pat dry.
2. Put vada parippu in grinder and crush for few seconds.
3. Add ginger, green chilly, onion, curry leaves, asfoetida and salt and mix well with hands.
4. Apply little water on your palm and make small lemon size balls and slightly flatten it with hand.
5. Heat oil add the flattened balls in oil and fry by turning sides till its brown in colour and cooked. Take out the fried Vada’s and serve hot.
Eat parippu vada with bananas. Try this at your home especially in rainy season and enjoy with your family. All will surely love this recipe.