Egg Bhurji (Spicy Scrambled Egg) is an easy to cook common Indian breakfast recipe. In some areas it also used as a sabji for roti, side dish for rice. It is a spiced up version of scrambled eggs with onions, green chillies and some spice powders.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Servings: 2 persons
Main Ingredients: Eggs
Course / Category: Breakfast
Egg: 3 Nos.
Onion: 2 Nos. (medium size)
Green Chilli: 1 No.
Ginger: ½ inch size
Black Pepper: 1/2 teaspoon (crushed)
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Mustard: ½ teaspoon
Coriander Leaves / Curry Leaves : for garnishing
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Salt: as per taste
1. Chop the onion, green chilli, coriander leaves into small pieces.
2. Break the eggs and put it in a bowl and beat it slightly.
3. In a shallow frying pan, heat oil, add some mustard into it.
4. Add finely chopped onions. When they partly cooked add green chilly, ginger and cook well.
5. After they cooked well add salt, turmeric powder and black pepper and mix well.
6. Now add the beaten eggs. Stir the mixture well. Stir continuously to avoid the eggs to stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Your Egg Bhurji is ready. Remove pan, transfer to a bowl and garnish with coriander or curry leaves.