Soya chunks curry recipe or Meal maker curry is one of the delicious and tasty curry recipe to try at home. The gravy is thick and delicious and a good combination for rice or chapatti. Soya chunks has lot of health benefits.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Soaking time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Soya Chunks
Tags: Curry Recipes
Soya Chunks – 1 cup
Tomato – 1 no (chopped)
Potato – 1 no (chopped in cubes)
Onion – 1 no
Garlic – 1 tbsp (crushed)
Ginger – 1 tbsp (crushed)
Black Pepper – ½ tsp (crushed)
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt: as per taste
Method to Prepare Soya Chunks Curry
1. Soak soya chunks in luke warm water for 10 minutes. Strain water and chop it in small pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan splutter mustard, add chopped onion saute well for few minutes, then add crushed ginger and garlic and saute well for few seconds till raw smell goes.
3. Add chopped potato to it and saute well, then add chopped tomato and saute till mushy.
4. Add coriander, red chilly, turmeric, garam masala powder and salt and saute well.
5. Add soya chunks and mix well.
6. Then add water just to cover the mix, let it boil and add curry leaves and crushed pepper.
7. Then put the flame on sim and cook till water evaporates and the gravy is thick.
8. Then switch off the flame and serve hot.
This recipe is very good to serve with steamed rice, chapathi, etc. Try this vegetarian recipe at home.