Lady’s Finger Dry Curry is a different recipe tried with lady’s finger (vendakka). It goes well both with roti and rice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Lady’s finger
Course / Category: Side Dish
Tags: Lady’s Finger Recipes
Lady’s finger – 250 gm
Onion – 1 no (finely chopped)
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curd – ¼ cup
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Method to Prepare Lady’s Finger Dry Curry
1. Wash Lady’s finger and pat dry. If big one then cut it into 2 and put a slit. For small size put a slit in between.
2. Heat oil then splutter mustards. Add onion and saute well till transparent, then add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
3. Add chopped lady’s finger to it and saute till they are soft.
4. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute till raw smell goes.
5. Add curd to it and mix well.
6. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame till the gravy thickens.
Your vendakka dry curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with chappathi or rotti or rice.