Fish curry recipe with coconut milk is a very tasty fish curry recipe from South India. It is one of the traditional recipes in Kerala. This recipe will goes best with steamed rice ad also nice with chapathi.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 -7 persons
Main Ingredients: Fish
Cuisine: South Indian, Kerala
Course / Category: Side Dish
Tag: Fish Recipes
Fish – 500 gm (any fish)
Ginger – 1tbsp
Garlic – 1tbsp
Malabar tamarind / Pot tamarind – 4 number
Coconut – 1 number
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Chilly Powder – 2 tbsp
Oil/coconut oil – 1 ½ tbsp
Salt – as required
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Fenugreek Powder – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Method to Prepare Fish Curry Recipe with Coconut Milk
1. Clean the fish. Take a mud vessel and pour oil in it.
2. When oil heats up add mustard seeds then add ginger and garlic and saute till they are golden in colour. To it add curry leaves and saute.
3. Add chilly powder, fenugreek powder and turmeric and saute well.
4. Add reqired amount of water, and fish to it. Water should not be more, it should be enough just to cover the fish. When gravy starts to boil add salt to it.
5. Then add Malabar tamarind to it. Close with lid and cook on low flame
6. When gravy semi thickens add coconut milk and cook for few minutes.
7. Switch off flame. Keep it for 15 minutes and serve.