Cheema Chakka Mezhukkupuratti / Breadfruit Stir Fry is a very tasty side dish for steamed rice. Cheema Chakka is also known as Kadachakka or sheema chakka in many places. It is a seasonal fruit and is widely used to prepare many dishes in South India. Kadachakka mezhukkupuratti is a tasty and easy side dish recipe to try at home. Cheema chakka is used before it is ripening.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Cheema Chakka / Breadfruit
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Side Dish
Tags: Stir Fry Recipes
Cheema chakka – 1 number (chopped)
Chilly powder – ½ tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 3 tbsp
Method to Prepare Cheema Chakka Mezhukkupuratti / Breadfruit Stir Fry
1. Peel and cut cheema chakka into small pieces. Remove inside part and slice it into small pieces for stir fry.
2. To avoid color changing, put this into salt water just after cutting. Wash it and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan, add cheema chakka, chilly powder, salt and ½ tsp oil mix well.
4. Add water and close with lid till water evaporates on low flame.
5. Add remaining oil and fry it.
Mezhukkupuratti is ready. Serve it with rice.