Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti / Jackfruit Seeds Fry is a delicious side dish for rice. Jackfruit seeds (called as Chakkakuru in Malayalam) are very healthy. It’s a yum recipe liked by kids too. Can be made by minimum ingredients. If it is kept in a proper way, Jackfruit seeds can be stored for many days without getting damaged.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Chakkakuru / Jackfruit seeds
Cuisine: South India, Kerala
Jackfruit seeds / Chakkakuru- 2 cup (Cleaned and Slices)
Coconut – ¼ cup chopped
Onion – 1 small chopped
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 tsp chopped
Curry leaves – 2 springs
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Chicken Masala – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 4 tbsp
Method to Prepare Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti / Jackfruit Seeds Fry
1. Remove the white layer of Chakkakuru and then remove brownish layer using a knife. No need to completely remove the brown layer. Only remove as much as you want. Slice it lengthwise and evenly.
2. In a pan take chakkakuru add chilly, coriander and turmeric powder, garam masala, chicken masala, salt and garlic.
3. Cook it with closed lid with 2 cup water on medium – low flame till water dries completely. When it’s cooked keep it aside.
4. Take a pan add oil when it heats add coconut slices saute till golden brown and set aside.
5. In same oil add chopped onion saute till onions are transparent, add curry leaves and saute.
6. Add cooked chakkakuru then add fried coconut. Saute and fry till chakkakuru becomes slightly crispy.
Your chakkakuru mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve. Serve with rice.