Chakkakuru manga curry is a seasonal South Indian curry recipe. It is a tasty and healthy curry. Tastes really very good when poured on steamed rice. This recipe uses Jackfruit seeds and raw mango to form a delicious curry recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Jackfruit seeds and Raw Mango
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Side Dish
Tags: Curry Recipe
Jackfruit seeds – 2 cup
Mango – 1 small (diced)
Green chilly – 2 -3 no’s
Shallots – 3 no’s
Coconut – ½ cup (grated)
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Salt: as per taste
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Oil – 2 tsp
Small Onion – 2
Red chilly – 3 no’s
Method to Prepare Chakkakuru Manga curry
1. Take a pressure cooker and cook jackfruit seeds and diced mango with water to cover pieces and salt for 15 mins on low flame till 2 – 3 whistles.
2. Take off from flame. Once cool down crush the pieces using ladle or back of a thick spoon.
3. Grind green chilly, shallots, coconut, turmeric and cumin seeds. Add this mix to curry.
4. Mix well. Turn on flame. Cook on low flame till boil comes.
5. For seasoning heat oil in a pan splutter mustards, 2 chopped small onion, curry leaves and red chilly.
6. Pour this seasoning above the curry and serve hot.
Jackfruit seeds raw mango curry is a good side dish to use with steamed rice.