Cabbage Carrot Thoran is a side dish to use with steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Cabbage, Carrot
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Vegetarian, Side Dish
Cabbage: ½ of 1 medium size
Carrot: 1 number (medium size)
Onion: 1 number (medium size)
Green chili: 1 – 2 numbers
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger: 1/2 tablespoon
Garlic: 3 flakes
Coconut: ½ cup (grated)
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 5 – 6 leaves
Mustard seeds: ½ tbsp
Oil: 2 table spoon
Salt: as required
1. Finely chop cabbage, carrot, onion, green chili, ginger & garlic.
2. Add grated coconut to this mix.
3. To this add turmeric, cumin seeds, curry leaves, salt. Mix well.
4. Heat pan add oil to it. Then add mustard seeds
5. When mustard splutters add cabbage mix to it & sauté well.
6. Close with lid. Add little water to it & keep it on low flame for cooking.
7. Cook until water completely evaporates from it.
8. Take off lid & sauté well. Cook for 2 – 3 mins then switch off flame.
Cabbage carrot thoran is ready to serve with rice.