Brinjal Thoran is an easy side dish recipe to try at home. It is a vary tasty side dish recipe to serve with steamed rice. Thoran is a common and healthy side dish recipe made with common vegetables or leaves. This thoran recipe is very easy to prepare and can be prepared at home.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Brinjal
Course / Category: Vegetarian, Side Dish
Brinjal: 5 numbers
Onion: 1 number (medium diced)
Green Chilly: 2 numbers
Coconut: ¼ cup (grated)
Garlic: 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
Cumin Seeds: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
Mustard: ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves: few
Salt: As per taste
Method to Prepare Brinjal Thoran
1. Chop brinjal into small pieces.
2. Chop onion, green chilly, garlic & mix with brinjal.
3. To this add grated coconut, turmeric, cumin seeds, curry leaves & salt.
4. Heat pan add oil, splutter mustard.
5. Then add brinjal mix to it & sauté well.
6. Add little water & close with lid.
7. Cook till water evaporates. Saute for 5 minutes.
Switch off flame. Your brinjal thoran is ready to serve. Serve with steamed rice. Try this thoran at your home.