Brinjal Thoran is an easy side dish recipe to try at home. It is very tasty side dish recipe to serve with steamed rice. Thoran is a common and healthy side dish recipe made with common vegetables or leaves. This thoran recipe is very easy to prepare and can be prepared at home.
Brinjal is known as Vazhuthananga in malayalam. So this recipe is also known as vazhuthananga thoran.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Brinjal
Brinjal: 5 numbers
Onion: 1 number (medium diced)
Green Chilly: 2 numbers
Coconut: ¼ cup (grated)
Garlic: 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
Cumin Seeds: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
Mustard: ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves: few
Salt: As per taste
Method to Prepare Brinjal Thoran
1. Chop brinjal into small pieces.
2. Chop onion, green chilly, garlic & mix with brinjal.
3. To this add grated coconut, turmeric, cumin seeds, curry leaves & salt.
4. Heat pan add oil, splutter mustard.
5. Then add brinjal mix to it & sauté well.
6. Add little water & close with lid.
7. Cook till water evaporates. Saute for 5 minutes.
Switch off flame. Your brinjal thoran is ready to serve. Serve with steamed rice. Try this thoran at your home.