Pineapple Payasam is a tasty dessert made with pineapple. It is one of the payasam recipe served with Kerala Sadhya. Payasam is a name used in malayalam for kheer / desserts. Payasam is common in any festivals in Kerala. Pineapple payasam is a tasty and refreshing dessert recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Servings: 8 – 9 persons
Main Ingredients: Pineapple
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Pudding, Dessert
Pineapple: 1 number
Tapioca balls/ chowari/ sabudana: 1/4 cup
Milk: 1 litre
Condensed Milk: ½ – 1 cup
Ghee: 1 teaspoon
Cashew: 25 gms
Raisins: 25 gms
Yellow colour: (optional)
Water: 3 cups
Method to Prepare Pineapple Payasam
1. Chop pineapple in small pieces.
2. Heat pan add pineapple, water and cook till water evaporates & pineapple gets cooked. Keep aside for cooling.
3. Cook Chowari with 2 cups of water.
4. In a bowl add milk & condensed milk or sugar & keep on fame. Just under boil it.
5. Add cooked chowari to it & keep on stirring continuously until it thickens slightly. Keep aside for cooling.
6. When its cooled completely add cooled pineapple & mix well.
7. Heat ghee in pan, roast cahew & raisins. Garnish above payasam mix.