Spicy chicken curry is a tasty recipe to try at home. This is one of the different versions of chicken curry recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Chicken
Tag: Chicken Recipes
Chicken: 500 gms
Onion: 3 numbers (medium)
Green chilly: 4 numbers (medium)
Pepper Powder: 1 tablespoon
Kashmiri Red chilly powder: 1 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tablespoon
Tomato: 2 numbers
Mustard: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala: 2 teaspoon
Curry leaves: few
Oil: 3 tablespoon
Salt: as required
Method to Prepare Spicy Chicken Curry
1. Marinate chicken pieces with kashmiri chilly, pepper powder, green chilly paste & ½ teaspoon of salt for ½ hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, when it splutters add chopped onion & sauté well.
3. Add ginger garlic paste & sauté well till raw smell goes.
4. Add diced tomatoes & sauté well, close with lid for cooking for 5 minutes.
5. Remove lid & mix well. Add turmeric & mix well.
6. Add marinated chicken pieces to it.
7. Mix well, add 2 cups of water & check salt. Add salt if required. Add curry leaves & garam masala.
8. Close with lid for cooking. Cook to get semi thick gravy.
9. This can be done by using pressure cooker. Do the same process & cook for 3 whistles.