Mutton Biryani is a common tasty and traditional recipe. This biryani recipe is a part of special occasions at home. Mutton Biryani is a good choice of biryani that can make your dinner special.
Preparation Time: 25 – 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 26 – 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Mutton, Rice
Mutton: ½ kg (with bone)
Basmati Rice: 4 cup
Onion: 4 medium size
Tomato: 4 medium size
Green chili: 3 – 4 number
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1/2 tbsp
Deggi Mirch / Kashmiri chili powder: 1 tbsp
Ginger paste: 3 table spoon
Garlic paste: 3 table spoon
Pudina: 4 table spoon
Coriander leaves: 4 tablespoon
Cinnamon: 2 – 3 pieces
Clove: 2 pieces
Bay leaf: 2 piece
Cardamom: 2 (big)
Green Cardamom: 3 numbers
Curd: 3 table spoon
Cashew: 2 table spoon
Raisins: 2 table spoon
Ghee: 2 table spoon
Oil: 2 table spoon
Salt: as required
Method to Prepare Mutton Biryani Recipe
1. Marinate mutton pieces with curd, red chili powder, degi Mirch powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder & salt. Keep it for 30 minutes.
2. Heat deep bottomed vessel, put ghee & oil.
3. Add cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves, big cardamom, small cardamom & sauté well.
4. Put finely chopped onion, crushed green chili & ginger garlic paste sauté till onions are transparent.
5. Add tomato puree, mix well & cook till oil is transparent.
6. Add marinated mutton, pudina, coriander leaves & cook it with ½ cup of water.
7. When done add rice to it, cook with 8 cups of water, check salt add salt if required.
8. Fry cashew & raisins in 1 tsp of ghee & keep aside.
9. When biriyani is done, garnish with fried cashew nuts & raisins.
Your tasty mutton biryani is ready to serve. Serve with curd raita.