Indian Chicken Biryani is a version of chicken biryani recipe suitable to make at home. It is a very delicious recipe for family occasions. Chicken Biryani is a rice dish made chicken, spices, yogurt etc.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
Main Ingredients: Rice, Chicken
Course / Category: Main dish
Tags: Chicken Biryani
Basmati rice: 350 gm
Chicken: 500 gm
Oil / ghee: ½ cup
Onion: 3 No. (Medium size)
Green chili: 1 no.
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbs
Tomato (riped): 3 no.
Bay leaf: 1
Cloves: 2 no.
Cinnamon sticks: 1 (one inch)
Cardamom: 3 no.
Shahi jeera: ½ tbs
Red chili powder: 1 tbs
Coriander Powder: 1 tbs
Yogurt: 1 cup
Salt to taste
Lemon juice: 1 tbs
Coriander leaves / cilantro (finely chopped): ½ bunch
Mint leaves / pudina (finely chopped): ½ bunch
Cashew: 1 tbs
Taisans: 2 tbs
1. Soak the rice for 30 minutes.
2. Finely chop onion and tomatoes.
3. Heat oil/ghee in a large pan and add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, shahi jeera and green chili and fry for 30 secs
4. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for another 30 secs. Add the red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, tomato, chicken and yogurt. Cook till chicken is done and the oil start leaving the sides of the pan.
6. Mix in the lemon juice, coriander leaves/cilantro and mint leaves. Switch off the flame and set aside this , while you get the rice ready.
7. Boil sufficient water in a large vessel to cook the rice. Add salt and a tbsp of oil to the water. The oil helps to keep the rice seperate. Add rice to the boiling water.
8. Cook rice to 70% . Drain remaining water
9. Add rice to the chicken prepared. Do not mix. Add a teaspoon of ghee on top of the rice.
10. Garnish with cashew and raisan
11. Cover with foil and close the lid. Place on a tawa on cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
12. Mix the rice and gravy gently before serving