This chicken curry recipe is a simple and normal to make at home. Chicken curry recipes are of different variation. This recipe is a common type of chicken curry make at the South India.
Preparation Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 Minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Chicken
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Non-Vegetarian, Curry
Chicken: 500 gms
Onion: 3 numbers
Garlic: 3 tablespoon (chopped)
Ginger: 3 tablespoon (chopped)
Tomato: 3 numbers (Pureed)
Mustard seeds: 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Red chili powder: 11/2 tablespoon
Coriander powder: 3 tablespoon
Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 2 strings
Coriander leaves: one handful
Oil: 3 tablespoon
Salt: as required
Method to Prepare Chicken Curry
1. Cut chicken into pieces & wash well.
2. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, add mustard when it splutters add chopped Onions & sauté for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Add chopped garlic, ginger sauté well till onions are transparent.
4. Add tomato puree, sauté well till oil becomes transparent.
5. Add Red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder,salt & sauté well till raw smell goes.
6. Add chicken pieces to it & sauté well.
7. To this add 7 – 8 cups of water & mix well.
8. After one boil add garam masala powder, coriander & curry leaves & mix well.
9. Cook for 20 – 30 minutes on medium flame.
10. Garnish with curry leaves.
Chicken Curry is ready.