Chicken dum biryani is a delicious dum biryani recipe. This recipe is slowly cooked and all aroma locked in it. It is a special biryani recipe which can be serve for all occasions.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Soaking Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Chicken
Course / Category: Main dish
Tags: Biryani Recipes, Chicken Recipes
Chicken – 250 gm
Onion – 2 no’s (finely chopped)
Onion – 1 no (thinly sliced and fried) for garnish
Tomato – 1 no (finely chopped)
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Green Chilly – 2 nos (slitted)
Cinnamon – 1 no
Clove – 2 no
Cardamom – 2 no
Bay leaf – 1 no
Pepper corn – ¼ tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curd – ¼ cup
Basmati Rice – 2 cup
Water – 5 cup
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Mint Leaves – ½ tbsp
Food colour – a pinch (optional)
Fried Cashew – 2 tbsp
Fried Raisins – 2 tbsp
Method to Prepare Chicken Dum Biryani
1. Clean Chicken and keep it aside. Soak rice for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan add onion and green chilly saute well till onions are transparent, then add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
3. Add chopped tomato and saute till it’s soft and mushy.
4. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Saute till raw smell goes.
5. Add curd to it and mix well.
6. Then add chicken to it and saute well till oil appears on top.
7. Add ½ cup water to it and cook it till chicken is cooked. Keep aside.
8. Boil water add cinnamon, clove, cardamom, bay leaf, pepper corn and required salt. Put drained rice in it and cook till its ¾ done. Drain remaining water. Take away all the spices from rice.
9. Take a medium vessel first put half of cooked chicken then layer with half of rice then add chopped coriander and mint, 1 tbsp butter and fried onion. Repeat the same for second time. Final garnish include fried cashew and raisins.
10. Close it with a lid. Keep it on a pre heated tawa on high flame for 15 – 20 minutes to dum.
Switch off flame and serve hot.