Chicken biryani is a delicious recipe to try at home. It is one of the easy method to prepare chicken biryani by using cooker.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Chicken
Course / Category: Main dish
Tags: Biryani Recipes, Chicken Recipes
Chicken – 500 gm
Onion – 3 no large (finely chopped)
Tomato – 2 no (finely chopped)
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste – 4 tbsp
Green Chilly – 4 nos (slitted)
Cinnamon – 1 no
Clove – 2 no
Cardamom – 2 no
Bay leaf – 1 no
Pepper corn – ½ tsp
Mustard – ½ tsp
Salt: as per taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curd – ¼ cup
Rice – 4 cup
Water – 7.5 cup
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
Method to Prepare Chicken Biryani
1. Clean Chicken and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in cooker then add cinnamon, clove, cardamom, pepper and bay leaf. Saute till aroma comes. Add onion and green chilly saute well till onions are transparent, then add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
3. Add chopped tomato and saute till it’s soft and mushy.
4. Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute till raw smell goes.
5. Add curd to it and mix well.
6. Then add chicken to it and saute well till oil appears on top. Add coriander leaves and saute.
7. Add ½ cup water to it and cook it till chicken is cooked. Then add 4.5 cups of water.
8. When water starts to boil add rice, mix and put on cooker lid and cook for 5 whistles.
Your chicken biryani is ready to serve. Serve hot with salad and dates pickle or with any other pickle.