Cheema Chakka Puzhukku / Sheema Chakka Puzhukku is very simple and healthy recipe. It can be tried at home at the season of bread fruit. It is also called kadachakka puzhukku in some areas. This sheema chakka puzhukku is commonly served as evening snacks along with Kanthari chammanthi and black coffee.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 persons
Main Ingredients: Bread Fruit / Cheema Chakka
Cuisine: South Indian
Bread Fruit / Cheema Chakka – 2 no’s
Scrapped coconut / Coconut milk – ½ cup
Salt: As per taste
Water: As required
Method to Prepare Cheema Chakka Puzhukku / Sheema Chakka Puzhukku
1. Remove skin of bread fruit.
2. Cut it into four pieces along centre stem.
3. Remove centre stem and cut it in medium pieces. Put the pieces into water to avoid color changing of pieces.
4. Heat water in a deep bottom pan.
5. When water almost boils, add bread fruit pieces to it. When its almost cooked add salt to it.
6. Remove from heat when cooked. If water still remains then strain it.
7. Add scrapped coconut or coconut milk to it.
Serve hot with Kanthari Chammanthi or Mulaku Chammanthi.