Eggless Vanilla Cake (Steamed) is a perfect cake recipe without using egg or oven. It is a delicious, moist and perfect cake recipe to try at different occasions. You can use a pressure cooker, or idli cooker or a steaming vessel to cook Eggless Vanilla Cake (Steamed).
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
Main Ingredients: Maida (All purpose flour)
maida: 1/2 cup
3/4 tsp baking powder
A big pinch of baking soda
6 – 7 tbsp curd or yoghurt 2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Berries – as required
Method to Prepare Eggless Vanilla Cake (Steamed)
1. Take maida, baking powder and a pinch of baking soda in a bowl, mix well, sieve it and keep it ready.
2. In another bowl take curd, milk, oil, vanilla extract, tbsp sugar and mix well.
3. Add the sieved flour little by little and prepare a lump free cake batter. Add in remaining curd and prepare cake batter.
4. Grease a medium sized container with butter and pour the cake batter into it. Garnish with berries.
5. Steam cook it for 40 minutes using a steamer under medium flame.
6. Insert a tooth pick or fork and check whether cake is cooked. The tooth pick or fork should come out clean.
7. Once it’s cool down cut & serve.