Butter Chicken Recipe is a tasty, popular Indian dish. A perfect North Indian recipe to try at your home. It is also called Chicken Makhani and is an easy recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Servings: 5 – 6 persons
Main Ingredients: Chicken
Cuisine: North Indian
Chicken: 1 kg
Butter: 1 and 1/2 cup
Onion: 4 number (medium)
Cashew: ½ cup
Ginger Garlic paste: 2 teaspoon
Tomato: 4 number (medium)
Kashmiri Chilly Powder: 2 and 1/2 tablespoon
Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon
Kasuri Methi: 1 teaspoon
Salt: as required
Method to Prepare Butter Chicken Recipe
1. Clean chicken pieces.
2. Heat pan add oil & sauté onions till golden brown & keep aside for cooling.
3. Heat pan add butter, when it melts add chicken pieces & cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add ginger garlic paste & sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Kashmiri chilly, turmeric, garam Masala & sauté well till raw smell goes.
6. Add tomato paste & cook till oil becomes transparent.
7. Add required water & keep for cooking.
8. Prepare paste from fried onion & soaked cashew.
9. Add this paste to cooked chicken & kasuri methi & cook for some time.
10. When done serve hot with chappati, puri or rice.