Upma is a common easy breakfast recipe from South India. It is also called as uppumavu or uppittu in some places. Rawa Upma (Suji Upma) is a delicious, tasty and easy to prepare breakfast recipe to try at home. You can make it simple or add different vegetables or nuts and make it a different recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Main Ingredients: Suji / Rawa
Cuisine: South Indian
Course / Category: Vegetarian, Breakfast
Suji / Rawa: 3 cups
Onion: 2 number (medium)
Carrot: 1 number (medium)
Beans: 5 numbers
Green chilly: 2 number (medium)
Ground nut: ½ cup (roasted)
Mustard: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
Salt: As required
Oil: 2 tablespoon
Method to Prepare Upma
1. Roast suji on medium flame.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion & green chilly, ginger, carrot, beans & roasted ground nuts & sauté well till onion become transparent.
3. Add 2 and 1/2 cups of water, when it starts boiling add turmeric, salt.
4. Then add roasted suji to it & mix well, no lumps should form. Add water in between if required.
5. Close with lid & keep for 10 minutes on low flame.
Your Upma / Uppumavu is ready to serve. Serve hot with Pazham (banana) or curry.