Idiyappam is a South Indian dish. It is mainly serves as breakfast and made with rice powder. A perfect loving healthy dish for your child.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 – 5 piece
Main Ingredients: Rice Powder
Cuisine: South India
Course / Category: Breakfast
Rice Powder – 1 ½ cup
Water – 2 cup
Salt – ¼ tsp
Coconut scrapped – half coconut
Method to Prepare Idiyappam
1. Take water in a bowl and heat it.
2. Take another bowl add rice powder and salt and mix well add water gradually and mix with spatula.
3. Once it’s cool enough to handle by hand knead it well.
4. Take a portion of the dough and fill it in the press.
5. Put little coconut in the steamer plate then press the rice mix above it, repeat the same.
6. And steam it in a steamer until cooked.
7. When it’s cool transfer it to a plate and serve.
This dish is mostly one of the favorite for all South Indians mainly Kerala people. It is commonly available at food corners and hotels all over Kerala.