Chakka Puttu (Rice steam cake with jackfruit) is a healthy and easy recipe to try at home. Jackfruit contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need, as well as a decent amount of fiber. Jackfruit is a unique tropical fruit. It is also very nutritious and have several health benefits. With the combination of raw rice powder and ripe jackfruit this recipe becomes a tasty breakfast that you love.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 persons
Main Ingredients: Ripe Jackfruit, Raw Rice Powder
Cuisine: South Indian, Kerala
Course / Category: Breakfast
1 cup sliced jackfruit
2 cup raw rice powder
1 cup of grated coconut
Water (according to requirement)
Salt (as per taste)
Method to Prepare Chakka Puttu
1. Add a pinch of salt to rice powder then add warm water to the raw rice powder.
2. Mix it so that the powder becomes wet. Add sliced jackfruit pieces and mix well with hand.
3. You can check whether the amount of water is right, just take some mixture in your hand and press it with the palm. If the mixture holds together and breaks in an instant, you can be sure that the amount of water added is right.
4. If mixture doesn’t hold together and breaks at the same time you can sprinkle more water until it reaches the specified texture.
5. In vessel add coconut as bottom layer then add rice chakka mixture then again add coconut scrapped as top layer.
6. Close the lid of the vessel and steam it for 5 – 6 minutes.
7. Once it is cooked transfer the dish to a serving plate
Enjoy your chakka puttu / jackfruit steam cake. This is very tasty and healthy recipe you can try at home with ripened jackfruit (chakka pazham). Since jackfruit is a seasonal fruit, this recipe is commonly make at homes in seasonal.